As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
—n. - barrier, usu. Hinged, used to close an opening made for entrance and exit through a wall, fence, etc.
- such an opening.
- means of entrance or exit.
- numbered place of access to aircraft at an airport.
- device regulating the passage of water in a lock etc.
- a number of people entering by payment at the gates of a sports ground etc. B amount of money taken thus.
- a electrical signal that causes or controls the passage of other signals. B electrical circuit with an output that depends on the combination of several inputs. —v. (-ting) confine to college or school as a punishment. gated adj. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".