Little Jimmy was staring at a dog in the park whilst the dog was licking himself in inappropriate parts and said to his dad, "I wish I could do that."
Jimmy"s dad looked down at Jimmy and said, "Maybe if you ask the dog nicely, he might let you!!"
prefix forming verbs etc. Meaning: 1 away, off (forget; forgive).
- prohibition (forbid).
- abstention or neglect (forgo; forsake). [old english]
- —prep. - in the interest or to the benefit of; intended to go to (did it all for my country; these flowers are for you).
- in defence, support, or favour of.
- suitable or appropriate to (a dance for beginners; not for me to say).
- in respect of or with reference to; regarding (usual for ties to be worn; ready for bed).
- representing or in place of (mp for lincoln; here for my uncle).
- in exchange with, at the price of, corresponding to (swapped it for a cake; give me £5 for it; bought it for £5; word for word).
- as a consequence of (fined for speeding; decorated for bravery; here's £5 for your trouble).
- a with a view to; in the hope or quest of; in order to get (go for a walk; send for a doctor; did it for the money). B on account of (could not speak for laughing).
- to reach; towards (left for rome). 10 so as to start promptly at (meet at seven for eight). 11 through or over (a distance or period); during (walked for miles). 12 as being (for the last time; i for one refuse). 13 in spite of; notwithstanding (for all your fine words). 14 considering or making due allowance in respect of (good for a beginner). —conj. Because, since, seeing that. be for it colloq. Be about to be punished etc. For all (that) in spite of, although. For ever for all time (cf. *forever). [old english reduced form of *fore]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".