Little Johnny was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy bar after another.
After the sixth one a man on the bench across from him said, "Son, you know eating all that candy isn’t good for you. It will give you acne, rot your teeth, make you fat."
Little Johnny replied, "My grandfather lived to be 107 years old."
The man asked, "Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time?"
Little Johnny answered, "No, he minded his own business!"
- a (foll. By on, upon) direct (the eyes etc.) Steadily, set. B attract and hold (the attention, eyes, etc.). C (foll. By with) single out with one's look etc.
- place definitely, establish.
- determine the exact nature, position, etc., of; refer (a thing) to a definite place or time; identify, locate.
- a make (the eyes, features, etc.) Rigid. B (of eyes, features, etc.) Become rigid.
- us colloq. Prepare (food or drink). 10 congeal or become congealed. 11 colloq. Punish, kill, deal with (a person). 12 colloq. A bribe or threaten into supporting. B gain a fraudulent result of (a race etc.). 13 slang inject a narcotic. 14 make (a colour, photographic image, etc.) Fast or permanent. 15 (of a plant etc.) Assimilate (nitrogen or carbon dioxide). —n. - colloq. Dilemma, predicament.
- a finding one's position by bearings etc. B position found in this way.
- slang dose of an addictive drug. be fixed (usu. Foll. By for) colloq. Be situated (regarding) (how is he fixed for money?). Fix on (or upon) choose, decide on. Fix up 1 arrange, organize.
- (often foll. By with) provide (a person) (fixed me up with a job). fixable adj. [latin figo fix-]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".