—v. (past and past part. Fed) 1 a supply with food. B put food into the mouth of.
- give as food, esp. To animals.
- (usu. Foll. By on) (esp. Of animals, or colloq. Of people) eat.
- (often foll. By on) nourish or be nourished by; benefit from.
- a keep (a fire, machine, etc.) Supplied with fuel etc. B (foll. By into) supply (material) to a machine etc. C (often foll. By into) (of a river etc.) Flow into a lake etc. D keep (a meter) supplied with coins to ensure continuity.
- slang supply (an actor etc.) With cues.
- sport send passes to (a player).
- gratify (vanity etc.).
- provide (advice, information, etc.) To. —n. - food, esp. For animals or infants.
- feeding; giving of food.
- colloq. Meal.
- a raw material for a machine etc. B provision of or device for this. feed back produce feedback. Feed up fatten. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".