A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
- money n. Betting odds offering the gambler the chance of winning the amount staked.
- —adj. (evener, evenest) 1 level; smooth.
- a uniform in quality; constant. B equal in amount or value etc. C equally balanced.
- (of a person's temper etc.) Equable, calm.
- a (of a number) divisible by two without a remainder. B bearing such a number (no parking on even dates). C not involving fractions; exact (in even dozens). —adv. - inviting comparison of the assertion, negation, etc., with an implied one that is less strong or remarkable (never even opened [let alone read] the letter; ran even faster [not just as fast as before]).
- introducing an extreme case (even you must realize it). —v. (often foll. By up) make or become even. even now 1 now as well as before.
- at this very moment. Even so nevertheless. Even though despite the fact that. Get (or be) even with have one's revenge on. evenly adv. Evenness n. [old english]
- n. Poet. Evening. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".