One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
- money n. Betting odds offering the gambler the chance of winning the amount staked.
- —adj. (evener, evenest) 1 level; smooth.
- a uniform in quality; constant. B equal in amount or value etc. C equally balanced.
- (of a person's temper etc.) Equable, calm.
- a (of a number) divisible by two without a remainder. B bearing such a number (no parking on even dates). C not involving fractions; exact (in even dozens). —adv. - inviting comparison of the assertion, negation, etc., with an implied one that is less strong or remarkable (never even opened [let alone read] the letter; ran even faster [not just as fast as before]).
- introducing an extreme case (even you must realize it). —v. (often foll. By up) make or become even. even now 1 now as well as before.
- at this very moment. Even so nevertheless. Even though despite the fact that. Get (or be) even with have one's revenge on. evenly adv. Evenness n. [old english]
- n. Poet. Evening. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.