Upon waking, a woman said to her husband, "I just dreamt that you gave me a necklace of pearls. What do you think it means?"
The man smiled and kissed his wife. "Youll know tonight," he softly whispered.
That evening, the man came home with a small package which he gave to his wife. She jumped up and embraced him, and then settled on the couch to slowly and delicately unwrap the package.
It contained a book entitled, "The Meaning of Dreams".
battery n. (also dry cell) electric battery or cell in which electrolyte is absorbed in a solid.
- dock n. Dock that can be pumped dry for building or repairing ships.
- ice n. Solid carbon dioxide used as a refrigerant.
- land n. Land as distinct from sea etc.
- measure n. Measure for dry goods.
- rot n. Decayed state of unventilated wood; fungi causing this.
- run n. Colloq. Rehearsal.
- —adj. (drier; driest) 1 free from moisture, esp.: a with moisture having evaporated, drained away, etc. (clothes are not dry yet). B (of eyes) free from tears. C (of a climate etc.) With insufficient rain; not rainy (dry spell). D (of a river, well, etc.) Dried up. E using or producing no moisture (dry shampoo; dry cough). F (of a shave) with an electric razor.
- (of wine) not sweet (dry sherry).
- a plain, unelaborated (dry facts). B uninteresting (dry book).
- (of a sense of humour) subtle, ironic, understated.
- prohibiting the sale of alcohol (a dry state).
- (of bread) without butter etc.
- (of provisions etc.) Solid, not liquid.
- (of a cow) not yielding milk. 10 colloq. Thirsty (feel dry). —v. (dries, dried) 1 make or become dry.
- (usu. As dried adj.) Preserve (food etc.) By removing moisture.
- (often foll. By up) colloq. Forget one's lines. —n. (pl. Dries) 1 act of drying.
- dry ginger ale.
- dry place (come into the dry). dry out 1 make or become fully dry.
- treat or be treated for alcoholism. Dry up 1 make or become utterly dry.
- dry dishes.
- colloq. (esp. In imper.) Cease talking.
- become unproductive.
- (of supplies) run out. dryness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".