When the new patient was settled comfortably on the couch, the physiatrist began his therapy session,
"I’m not aware of your problem," the doctor said. "So perhaps, you should start at the very beginning."
"Of course." replied the patient. "In the beginning, I created the Heavens and the Earth…"
battery n. (also dry cell) electric battery or cell in which electrolyte is absorbed in a solid.
- dock n. Dock that can be pumped dry for building or repairing ships.
- ice n. Solid carbon dioxide used as a refrigerant.
- land n. Land as distinct from sea etc.
- measure n. Measure for dry goods.
- rot n. Decayed state of unventilated wood; fungi causing this.
- run n. Colloq. Rehearsal.
- —adj. (drier; driest) 1 free from moisture, esp.: a with moisture having evaporated, drained away, etc. (clothes are not dry yet). B (of eyes) free from tears. C (of a climate etc.) With insufficient rain; not rainy (dry spell). D (of a river, well, etc.) Dried up. E using or producing no moisture (dry shampoo; dry cough). F (of a shave) with an electric razor.
- (of wine) not sweet (dry sherry).
- a plain, unelaborated (dry facts). B uninteresting (dry book).
- (of a sense of humour) subtle, ironic, understated.
- prohibiting the sale of alcohol (a dry state).
- (of bread) without butter etc.
- (of provisions etc.) Solid, not liquid.
- (of a cow) not yielding milk. 10 colloq. Thirsty (feel dry). —v. (dries, dried) 1 make or become dry.
- (usu. As dried adj.) Preserve (food etc.) By removing moisture.
- (often foll. By up) colloq. Forget one's lines. —n. (pl. Dries) 1 act of drying.
- dry ginger ale.
- dry place (come into the dry). dry out 1 make or become fully dry.
- treat or be treated for alcoholism. Dry up 1 make or become utterly dry.
- dry dishes.
- colloq. (esp. In imper.) Cease talking.
- become unproductive.
- (of supplies) run out. dryness n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".