Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
- in the manger n. Person who stops others using a thing for which he or she has no use.
- —n. - four-legged flesh-eating animal akin to the fox and wolf, and of many breeds.
- male of this, or of the fox or wolf.
- colloq. A despicable person. B person of a specified kind (lucky dog).
- mechanical device for gripping.
- (in pl.; prec. By the) colloq. Greyhound-racing. —v. (-gg-) follow closely; pursue, track. go to the dogs slang deteriorate, be ruined. Like a dog's dinner colloq. Smartly or flashily (dressed etc.). Not a dog's chance no chance at all. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".