While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft.
Spotting and old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted,
"Are there any gators around here?!"
"Naw," the man hollered back, "they ain"t been around for years!"
Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming leisurely toward the shore.
About halfway there he asked the guy,
"How"d you get rid of the gators?"
"We didn"t do nothin"," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got "em."
care n. Care of young children, the elderly, the handicapped, etc. During the working day.
- centre n. Place for care of the elderly or handicapped during the day.
- n. - time between sunrise and sunset.
- a 24 hours as a unit of time. B corresponding period on other planets (martian day).
- daylight (clear as day).
- time during which work is normally done (eight-hour day).
- a (also pl.) Historical period (in those days). B (prec. By the) present time (issues of the day).
- prime of a person's life (have had my day; in my day).
- a future time (will do it one day).
- date of a specific festival or event etc. (graduation day; christmas day).
- battle or contest (win the day). all in a day's work part of the normal routine. At the end of the day when all is said and done. Call it a day end a period of activity. Day after day without respite. Day and night all the time. Day by day gradually. Day in, day out routinely, constantly. Not one's day day when things go badly (for a person). One of these days soon. One of those days day when things go badly. That will be the day colloq. That will never happen. [old english]
- nursery n. Nursery for children of working parents.
- of reckoning n. Time when something must be atoned for or avenged.
- off n. Day's holiday.
- release n. Part-time education for employees.
- return n. Reduced fare or ticket for a return journey in one day.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".