—v. (-ming; past came; past part. Come) 1 move, be brought towards, or reach a place.
- reach a specified situation or result (came to no harm).
- reach or extend to a specified point.
- traverse or accomplish (with compl.: have come a long way).
- occur, happen; (of time) arrive in due course (how did you come to break your leg?; the day soon came).
- take or occupy a specified position in space or time (nero came after claudius).
- become perceptible or known (it will come to me).
- be available (comes in three sizes).
- become (come loose). 10 (foll. By from, of) a be descended from. B be the result of (that comes of complaining). 11 colloq. Play the part of; behave like (don't come the bully with me). 12 slang have an orgasm. 13 (in subjunctive) colloq. When a specified time is reached (come next month). 14 (as int.) Expressing mild protest or encouragement (come, it cannot be that bad). —n. Slang semen ejaculated. come about happen. Come across 1 meet or find by chance.
- colloq. Be effective or understood; give a specified impression. Come again colloq. - make a further effort.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".