A woman entered a fruit store and said to the clerk, "I want to purchase some fruit for my sick husband."
"We have some very nice sweet cherries on sale for a dollar a box," said the clerk.
She looked them over and decided to take a box. Handing them to the clerk she added, "Have they been sprayed with poison?"
Replied the clerk, "No ma’am. You will have to purchase that at the drug store."
on the side n. Slang sexual relationship involving infidelity.
- part n. Minor role.
- n. - small piece or quantity.
- (prec. By a) fair amount (sold quite a bit).
- often colloq. Short or small time, distance, or amount (wait a bit; move up a bit; a bit tired; a bit of an idiot). bit by bit gradually. Do one's bit colloq. Make a useful contribution. [old english]
- past of *bite.
- n. - metal mouthpiece of a bridle.
- tool or piece for boring or drilling.
- cutting or gripping part of a plane, pincers, etc. [old english]
- n. Computing unit of information expressed as a choice between two possibilities. [binary digit]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".