Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?"
"Yeah," says the other cowboy.
"Look," says the first one, "he’s listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."
Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon."
"Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what color they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"
The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."
- bang theory n. Theory that the universe began with the explosion of dense matter.
- brother n. Supposedly benevolent watchful dictator.
- end n. (in a vehicle) end of the connecting-rod, encircling the crankpin.
- money n. Large amounts of money.
- noise n. (also big shot) colloq. = *bigwig.
- stick n. Colloq. Display of force.
- time n. (prec. By the) slang success, esp. In show business. big-timer n.
- top n. Main tent in a circus.
- wheel n. Ferris wheel.
- —adj. (bigger, biggest) 1 a of considerable size, amount, intensity, etc. B of a large or the largest size (big toe).
- important (my big day).
- adult, elder (big sister).
- colloq. A boastful (big words). B often iron. Generous (big of him). C ambitious (big ideas).
- (usu. Foll. By with) advanced in pregnancy (big with child). —adv. Colloq. Impressively or grandly (think big). in a big way colloq. With great enthusiasm, display, etc. biggish adj. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".