When the new patient was settled comfortably on the couch, the physiatrist began his therapy session,
"I’m not aware of your problem," the doctor said. "So perhaps, you should start at the very beginning."
"Of course." replied the patient. "In the beginning, I created the Heavens and the Earth…"
- bang theory n. Theory that the universe began with the explosion of dense matter.
- brother n. Supposedly benevolent watchful dictator.
- end n. (in a vehicle) end of the connecting-rod, encircling the crankpin.
- money n. Large amounts of money.
- noise n. (also big shot) colloq. = *bigwig.
- stick n. Colloq. Display of force.
- time n. (prec. By the) slang success, esp. In show business. big-timer n.
- top n. Main tent in a circus.
- wheel n. Ferris wheel.
- —adj. (bigger, biggest) 1 a of considerable size, amount, intensity, etc. B of a large or the largest size (big toe).
- important (my big day).
- adult, elder (big sister).
- colloq. A boastful (big words). B often iron. Generous (big of him). C ambitious (big ideas).
- (usu. Foll. By with) advanced in pregnancy (big with child). —adv. Colloq. Impressively or grandly (think big). in a big way colloq. With great enthusiasm, display, etc. biggish adj. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".