- Snow Maiden, what has happened? It is the second day I see you walking waist naked…
- The matter is that my Father Frost has lost his beard…
- Well, what next?
- That is why I am walking naked , so that nobody can notice this fact…
—v. (-dd-; past bid, archaic bade; past part. Bid, archaic bidden) 1 (past and past part. Bid) a (esp. At an auction) make an offer (of) (bid for the vase; bid £20). B offer a service for a stated price.
- literary command; invite (bid the soldiers shoot; bade her start).
- literary utter (a greeting or farewell) to (i bade him welcome).
- (past and past part. Bid) cards state before play how many tricks one intends to make. —n. - act of bidding.
- amount bid.
- colloq. Attempt; effort (bid for power). bidder n. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".