A doctor and a lawyer were attending a cocktail party when the doctor was approached by a man who asked advice on how to handle his ulcer.
The doctor mumbled some medical advice, then turned to the lawyer and asked,
"How do you handle the situation when you are asked for advice during a social function?"
"Just send a bill for such advice" replied the lawyer.
On the next morning the doctor arrived at his surgery and issued the ulcer-stricken man a $50 bill.
That afternoon he received a $100 bill from the lawyer.
billiards n.pl. Form of billiards with holes in the table.
- code n. Machine-readable striped code on packaging etc.
- mitzvah n. - religious initiation ceremony of a jewish boy at 13.
- boy undergoing this. [hebrew, = son of the commandment]
- person n. Barmaid or barman.
- sinister n. = *bend sinister.
- —n. - long piece of rigid material, esp. Used to confine or obstruct.
- a something of similar form (bar of soap; bar of chocolate). B band of colour or light. C heating element of an electric fire. D metal strip below the clasp of a medal, awarded as an extra distinction. E heraldry narrow horizontal stripe across a shield.
- a counter for serving alcohol etc. On. B room or building containing it. C small shop or stall serving refreshments (snack bar). D counter for a special service (heel bar).
- a barrier. B restriction (colour bar; bar to promotion).
- prisoner's enclosure in a lawcourt.
- any of the sections into which a piece of music is divided by vertical lines.
- (the bar) law a barristers collectively. B profession of barrister. —v. (-rr-) 1 a fasten with a bar or bars. B (usu. Foll. By in, out) shut or keep in or out.
- obstruct, prevent.
- (usu. Foll. By from) prohibit, exclude.
- mark with stripes. —prep. Except. be called to the bar be admitted as barrister. Behind bars in prison. [french]
- n. Esp. Meteorol. Unit of pressure, 105 newtons per square metre, approx. One atmosphere. [greek baros weight]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".