One evening Sherlock Holmes was going along the street and suddenly saw a man down…
- It’s certain, this gentleman is very tired after work… or he is dead drunk… or he is after being with a woman, … — reflected Holmes. As it’s Sunday today, he can’t be coming back from work… At such a late hour all shops are closed, and he couldn’t buy alcohol. So he is coming back from a woman. But in this remote place there are only two women — Watson’s wife and mine. Consequently, as I’m coming back from Watson’s wife, …
- Watson, rascal, get up!!!
billiards n.pl. Form of billiards with holes in the table.
- code n. Machine-readable striped code on packaging etc.
- mitzvah n. - religious initiation ceremony of a jewish boy at 13.
- boy undergoing this. [hebrew, = son of the commandment]
- person n. Barmaid or barman.
- sinister n. = *bend sinister.
- —n. - long piece of rigid material, esp. Used to confine or obstruct.
- a something of similar form (bar of soap; bar of chocolate). B band of colour or light. C heating element of an electric fire. D metal strip below the clasp of a medal, awarded as an extra distinction. E heraldry narrow horizontal stripe across a shield.
- a counter for serving alcohol etc. On. B room or building containing it. C small shop or stall serving refreshments (snack bar). D counter for a special service (heel bar).
- a barrier. B restriction (colour bar; bar to promotion).
- prisoner's enclosure in a lawcourt.
- any of the sections into which a piece of music is divided by vertical lines.
- (the bar) law a barristers collectively. B profession of barrister. —v. (-rr-) 1 a fasten with a bar or bars. B (usu. Foll. By in, out) shut or keep in or out.
- obstruct, prevent.
- (usu. Foll. By from) prohibit, exclude.
- mark with stripes. —prep. Except. be called to the bar be admitted as barrister. Behind bars in prison. [french]
- n. Esp. Meteorol. Unit of pressure, 105 newtons per square metre, approx. One atmosphere. [greek baros weight]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".