A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
prep. - expressing position (wait at the corner; at school).
- expressing a point in time (at dawn).
- expressing a point in a scale (at his best).
- expressing engagement in an activity etc. (at war).
- expressing a value or rate (sell at £10 each).
- a with or with reference to (annoyed at losing; came at a run). B by means of (starts at a touch).
- expressing motion or aim towards (aim at the target; laughed at us). at all see *all. At hand see *hand. At home see *home. At it engaged in an activity; working hard. At once see *once. At that 1 moreover (a good one at that).
- then (at that he left). At times see *time. [old english]
- symb. Astatine.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".