Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
n. - upper limb of the human body from shoulder to hand.
- forelimb or tentacle of an animal.
- a sleeve of a garment. B arm support of a chair etc. C thing branching from a main stem (an arm of the sea). D control, means of reaching (arm of the law). arm in arm with arms linked. At arm's length at a distance. With open arms cordially. armful n. (pl. -s). [old english]
- —n. - (usu. In pl.) Weapon.
- (in pl.) Military profession.
- branch of the military (e.g. Infantry, cavalry).
- (in pl.) Heraldic devices (coat of arms). —v. - supply, or equip oneself, with weapons etc., esp. In preparation for war.
- make (a bomb etc.) Ready. take up arms go to war. Under arms equipped for war. Up in arms (usu. Foll. By against, about) actively resisting, highly indignant. [latin arma arms]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".