One night a father sent his kid to bed. Five minutes later the boy screamed, “Dad! Can you get me a glass of water!?!”
“No. You had your chance.”
A minute later the boy screamed, “Dad!! Can you get me a glass of water?”
“No. You had your chance. Next time you ask I’ll come up there and spank you.”
“Dad! When you come up to spank me can you bring me a glass of water?”
n. - upper limb of the human body from shoulder to hand.
- forelimb or tentacle of an animal.
- a sleeve of a garment. B arm support of a chair etc. C thing branching from a main stem (an arm of the sea). D control, means of reaching (arm of the law). arm in arm with arms linked. At arm's length at a distance. With open arms cordially. armful n. (pl. -s). [old english]
- —n. - (usu. In pl.) Weapon.
- (in pl.) Military profession.
- branch of the military (e.g. Infantry, cavalry).
- (in pl.) Heraldic devices (coat of arms). —v. - supply, or equip oneself, with weapons etc., esp. In preparation for war.
- make (a bomb etc.) Ready. take up arms go to war. Under arms equipped for war. Up in arms (usu. Foll. By against, about) actively resisting, highly indignant. [latin arma arms]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".