n. - upper limb of the human body from shoulder to hand.
- forelimb or tentacle of an animal.
- a sleeve of a garment. B arm support of a chair etc. C thing branching from a main stem (an arm of the sea). D control, means of reaching (arm of the law). arm in arm with arms linked. At arm's length at a distance. With open arms cordially. armful n. (pl. -s). [old english]
- —n. - (usu. In pl.) Weapon.
- (in pl.) Military profession.
- branch of the military (e.g. Infantry, cavalry).
- (in pl.) Heraldic devices (coat of arms). —v. - supply, or equip oneself, with weapons etc., esp. In preparation for war.
- make (a bomb etc.) Ready. take up arms go to war. Under arms equipped for war. Up in arms (usu. Foll. By against, about) actively resisting, highly indignant. [latin arma arms]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".