In a psychiatrist’s waiting room two patients are having a conversation.
One says to the other, "Why are you here?"
The second answers, "I’m Napoleon, so the doctor told me to come here."
The first is curious and asks, "How do you know that you’re Napoleon?"
The second responds, "God told me I was."
At this point, a patient on the other side of the room shouts, "NO I DIDN’T!"
- a decree of a legislative body. B document attesting a legal transaction. —v. - behave (acted wisely).
- perform an action or function; take action (act as referee; brakes failed to act; he acted quickly).
- (also foll. By on) have an effect (alcohol acts on the brain).
- a perform a part in a play, film, etc. B pretend.
- a play the part of (acted othello; acts the fool). B perform (a play etc.). C portray (an incident) by actions. act for be the (esp. Legal) representative of. Act of god natural event, e.g. An earthquake. Act up colloq. Misbehave; give trouble (car is acting up). Get one's act together slang become properly organized; prepare. Put on an act colloq. Make a pretence. [latin ago act- do]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".