At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
- a decree of a legislative body. B document attesting a legal transaction. —v. - behave (acted wisely).
- perform an action or function; take action (act as referee; brakes failed to act; he acted quickly).
- (also foll. By on) have an effect (alcohol acts on the brain).
- a perform a part in a play, film, etc. B pretend.
- a play the part of (acted othello; acts the fool). B perform (a play etc.). C portray (an incident) by actions. act for be the (esp. Legal) representative of. Act of god natural event, e.g. An earthquake. Act up colloq. Misbehave; give trouble (car is acting up). Get one's act together slang become properly organized; prepare. Put on an act colloq. Make a pretence. [latin ago act- do]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".