A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
- a decree of a legislative body. B document attesting a legal transaction. —v. - behave (acted wisely).
- perform an action or function; take action (act as referee; brakes failed to act; he acted quickly).
- (also foll. By on) have an effect (alcohol acts on the brain).
- a perform a part in a play, film, etc. B pretend.
- a play the part of (acted othello; acts the fool). B perform (a play etc.). C portray (an incident) by actions. act for be the (esp. Legal) representative of. Act of god natural event, e.g. An earthquake. Act up colloq. Misbehave; give trouble (car is acting up). Get one's act together slang become properly organized; prepare. Put on an act colloq. Make a pretence. [latin ago act- do]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".