A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. Young men's christian association.
n. - hindu system of meditation and asceticism designed to effect reunion with the universal spirit.
- system of physical exercises and breathing control used in yoga. [sanskrit, = union] YOGI
n. (pl. -s) devotee of yoga. [hindustani: related to *yoga]
—n. - wooden crosspiece fastened over the necks of two oxen etc. And attached to the plough or wagon to be pulled.
- (pl. Same or -s) pair (of oxen etc.). - object like a yoke in form or function, e.g. A wooden shoulder-piece for carrying a pair of pails, the top section of a garment from which the rest hangs. - sway, dominion, or servitude. - bond of union, esp. Of marriage. —v. (-king) 1 put a yoke on. - couple or unite (a pair). - (foll. By to) link (one thing) to (another). - match or work together. [old english] YOLK
n. Yellow inner part of an egg. [old english: related to *yellow]
n. of yore a long time ago. [old english, = long ago]
v. Cricket bowl out with a yorker. [back-formation from *yorker]
contr. - you had.
- you would. YOUR
poss. Pron. - of or belonging to you.
- colloq. Often derog. Much talked of; well known (your typical professor). [old english] YOWL
—n. Loud wailing cry of or as of a cat or dog in distress. —v. Utter a yowl. [imitative]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.