Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Box for tools, needlework, etc.
n. Day on which work is usually done.
capital n. Capital actually used in a business.
- class n. Social class employed, esp. In manual or industrial work, for wages. working-class adj. - day n. - workday. - part of the day devoted to work. - hypothesis n. Hypothesis as a basis for action. - knowledge n. Knowledge adequate to work with. - lunch n. Lunch at which business is conducted. - order n. Condition in which a machine works. - party n. Group of people appointed to study and advise on a particular problem. - —attrib. Adj. - a engaged in work (working mother; working man). B while so engaged (all his working life; in working hours). - functioning or able to function (working model). —n. - activity of work. - functioning. - mine or quarry. - (usu. In pl.) Machinery, mechanism. WORKMAN
n. - man employed to do manual labour.
- person with regard to skill in a job (a good workman). WORKOUT
n. Session of physical exercise or training.
adj. Disinclined to work.
n. Flat surface for working on, esp. In a kitchen.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 of the affairs of the world, temporal, earthly (worldly goods).
- experienced in life, sophisticated, practical. worldliness n. WORSHIP
—n. - a homage or service to a deity. B acts, rites, or ceremonies of this.
- adoration, devotion. - (worship) (prec. By his, her, your) forms of description or address for a mayor, certain magistrates, etc. —v. (-pp-; us -p-) 1 adore as divine; honour with religious rites. - idolize or regard with adoration. - attend public worship. - be full of adoration. worshipper n. [old english: related to *worth, *-ship] WORSTED
n. - fine woollen yarn.
- fabric made from this. [worste(a)d in norfolk]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.