Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Box for tools, needlework, etc.
n. Day on which work is usually done.
capital n. Capital actually used in a business.
- class n. Social class employed, esp. In manual or industrial work, for wages. working-class adj. - day n. - workday. - part of the day devoted to work. - hypothesis n. Hypothesis as a basis for action. - knowledge n. Knowledge adequate to work with. - lunch n. Lunch at which business is conducted. - order n. Condition in which a machine works. - party n. Group of people appointed to study and advise on a particular problem. - —attrib. Adj. - a engaged in work (working mother; working man). B while so engaged (all his working life; in working hours). - functioning or able to function (working model). —n. - activity of work. - functioning. - mine or quarry. - (usu. In pl.) Machinery, mechanism. WORKMAN
n. - man employed to do manual labour.
- person with regard to skill in a job (a good workman). WORKOUT
n. Session of physical exercise or training.
adj. Disinclined to work.
n. Flat surface for working on, esp. In a kitchen.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 of the affairs of the world, temporal, earthly (worldly goods).
- experienced in life, sophisticated, practical. worldliness n. WORSHIP
—n. - a homage or service to a deity. B acts, rites, or ceremonies of this.
- adoration, devotion. - (worship) (prec. By his, her, your) forms of description or address for a mayor, certain magistrates, etc. —v. (-pp-; us -p-) 1 adore as divine; honour with religious rites. - idolize or regard with adoration. - attend public worship. - be full of adoration. worshipper n. [old english: related to *worth, *-ship] WORSTED
n. - fine woollen yarn.
- fabric made from this. [worste(a)d in norfolk]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Australian termites have been known to build mounds twenty feet high and at least 100 feet wide.