One day an unknown youth asked Mozart to explain to him how to start to compose a symphony.
- You are young, - answered Mozart. In the beginning write a ballade, and if you like it, come to me.
- But you! At the age of ten you have composed a lot of music.
- But I did not ask anybody how to do it.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - (usu. In pl.) Hair growing on a man's face, esp. On the cheek.
- each of the bristles on the face of a cat etc. - colloq. Small distance (within a whisker of). whiskered adj. Whiskery adj. [from *whisk] WHISKEY
n. (brit. Whisky) (pl. -eys) spirit distilled esp. From malted grain, esp. Barley or rye. [abbreviation of usquebaugh from gaelic, = water of life]
—v. - a speak very softly without vibration of the vocal cords. B talk or say in a barely audible tone or in a secret or confidential way.
- rustle or murmur. —n. - whispering speech or sound. - thing whispered. it is whispered there is a rumour. [old english] WHISTLE
—n. - clear shrill sound made by forcing breath through a small hole between nearly closed lips.
- similar sound made by a bird, the wind, a missile, etc. - instrument used to produce such a sound. —v. (-ling) 1 emit a whistle. - a give a signal or express surprise or derision by whistling. B (often foll. By up) summon or give a signal to (a dog etc.) By whistling. - (also absol.) Produce (a tune) by whistling. - (foll. By for) vainly seek or desire. [old english] WHITHER
archaic —adv. - to what place or state? 2 (prec. By place etc.) To which. —conj. - to the or any place to which (go whither you will).
- and thither. [old english] WHITING
n. (pl. Same) small white-fleshed fish used as food. [dutch: related to *white]
- n. Ground chalk used in whitewashing etc. WHITLOW
n. Inflammation near a fingernail or toenail. [originally white *flaw1]
—n. = *whitsuntide. —adj. = *whit. [whitsun day = whit sunday]
v. (-ling) 1 (often foll. By at) pare (wood etc.) With repeated slicing with a knife.
- (often foll. By away, down) reduce by repeated subtractions. [dial. Thwittle] WHIZKID
n. Colloq. Brilliant or highly successful young person.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches can run faster than horses.