Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
past part. Of *wear. —adj. - damaged by use or wear.
- looking tired and exhausted. WORT
n. - archaic (except in names) plant (liverwort).
- infusion of malt before it is fermented into beer. [old english] WOVE
past of *weave1.
abbr. Women's royal army corps.
abbr. Women's royal air force.
—v. (-pp-) 1 (often foll. By up) envelop in folded or soft encircling material.
- (foll. By round, about) arrange or draw (a pliant covering) round (a person). - (foll. By round) slang crash (a vehicle) into (a stationary object). —n. - shawl, scarf, etc. - esp. Us wrapping material. take the wraps off disclose. Under wraps in secrecy. Wrapped up in engrossed or absorbed in. Wrap up 1 colloq. Finish off (a matter). - put on warm clothes (wrap up well). - (in imper.) Slang be quiet. [origin unknown] WREN
n. Member of the women's royal naval service. [from the abbreviation wrns]
- n. Member of the women's royal naval service. [from the abbreviation wrns] - n. Small usu. Brown short-winged songbird with an erect tail. [old english] - n. Small usu. Brown short-winged songbird with an erect tail. [old english] WRIT
n. Form of written command to act or not act in some way. [old english: related to *write]
- n. Form of written command to act or not act in some way. [old english: related to *write] - archaic past part. Of *write. writ large in magnified or emphasized form. - archaic past part. Of *write. writ large in magnified or emphasized form. WRNS
abbr. Women's royal naval service.
abbr. Women's royal voluntary service.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.