A porter in a British hotel comes upon an American tourist impatiently jabbing at the button for the lift.
"Sir, the lift will be here in a moment."
"Lift? Lift?" replies the American. "Oh, you mean the elevator."
"No sir, here we call it a lift."
"Well, as it was invented in the United States, it’s called an elevator."
"Yes sir, but as the language was invented here, it’s called a lift."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
quantity n. Mysterious or obscure person or thing.
- soldier n. Unidentified soldier etc. Symbolizing a nation's dead in war. - warrior n. = *unknown soldier. - —adj. (often foll. By to) not known, unfamiliar. —n. Unknown thing, person, or quantity. unknown to without the knowledge of (did it unknown to me). UNLADEN
adj. Not laden.
- weight n. Weight of a vehicle etc. When not loaded. UNLATCH
v. - release the latch of.
- open in this way. UNLEARN
v. (past and past part. Unlearned or unlearnt) 1 forget deliberately.
- rid oneself of (a habit, false information, etc.). UNLEASH
v. - release from a leash or restraint.
- set free to engage in pursuit or attack. UNLINED
adj. Without lines or wrinkles.
- adj. Without a lining. UNLOOSE
v. (-sing) (also unloosen) unfasten, loose; set free.
adj. Not loved.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 not fortunate or successful.
- wretched. - bringing bad luck. - ill-judged. unluckily adv. UNMANLY
adj. Not manly.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Butterflies taste with their feet.