A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. Not worn or impaired by wear.
v. (-pp-) 1 remove the wrapping from.
- open, unfold. - become unwrapped. UPBEAT
—n. Unaccented beat in music. —adj. Colloq. Optimistic, cheerful.
—v. (-ting) bring up to date. —n. - updating.
- updated information etc. UPHILL
—adv. Up a slope. —adj. - sloping up; ascending.
- arduous. UPHOLD
v. (past and past part. Upheld) 1 confirm (a decision etc.).
- support, maintain (a custom etc.). upholder n. UPKEEP
n. - maintenance in good condition.
- cost or means of this. UPLAND
—n. (usu. In pl.) Higher or inland parts of a country. —adj. Of these parts.
—v. - raise.
- (esp. As uplifting adj.) Elevate morally or emotionally. —n. - colloq. Elevating influence. - support for the bust etc. UPMOST
var. Of *uppermost.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.