Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - severe physical or mental suffering.
- cause of this. —v. - subject to torment. - tease or worry excessively. tormentor n. [latin tormentum: related to *tort] TORNADO
n. (pl. -es) violent storm of small extent with whirling winds. [spanish tronada thunderstorm]
—n. (pl. -es) 1 cigar-shaped self-propelled underwater missile that explodes on impact with a ship.
- similar device dropped from an aircraft. —v. (-es, -ed) 1 destroy or attack with a torpedo. - destroy or damage (a policy, institution, plan, etc.). [latin, = electric ray: related to *torpor] TORRENT
n. - rushing stream of liquid.
- (in pl.) Great downpour of rain. - (usu. Foll. By of) violent or copious flow (torrent of abuse). torrential adj. [french from italian] TORSION
n. Twisting, esp. Of one end of a body while the other is held fixed. torsional adj. [latin: related to *tort]
—n. - infliction of severe bodily pain, esp. As a punishment or means of persuasion.
- severe physical or mental suffering. —v. (-ring) subject to torture. torturer n. Torturous adj. [latin tortura twisting: related to *tort] TOTALLY
n. Commercial organization and operation of holidays.
class n. Lowest class of passenger accommodation in a ship, aircraft, etc.
- n. - holiday-maker, esp. Abroad (often attrib.: tourist season). - member of a touring sports team. TOURNEY
—n. (pl. -s) tournament. —v. (-eys, -eyed) take part in a tournament. [french: related to *turn]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.