One day an unknown youth asked Mozart to explain to him how to start to compose a symphony.
- You are young, - answered Mozart. In the beginning write a ballade, and if you like it, come to me.
- But you! At the age of ten you have composed a lot of music.
- But I did not ask anybody how to do it.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
chance n. Method of competing in a football pool in which the chances of winning depend on the number of draws and home and away wins predicted by the competitors.
- clef n. Clef placing the g above middle c on the second lowest line of the staff. - —adj. - a threefold. B triple. C three times as much or many (treble the amount). - high-pitched. —n. - treble quantity or thing. - hit on the narrow band between the two middle circles of a dartboard, scoring treble. - a mus. = *soprano (esp. A boy's voice or part, or an instrument). B high-pitched voice. - high-frequency output of a radio, record-player, etc. —v. (-ling) make or become three times as much or many; increase threefold; multiply by three. trebly adv. [latin: related to *triple] TREMOR
n. - shaking, quivering.
- thrill (of fear, exultation, etc.). - (in full earth tremor) slight earthquake. [latin tremo tremble] TRENCH
coat n. - soldier's lined or padded waterproof coat.
- loose belted raincoat. - warfare n. War carried on from trenches. - —n. - long narrow usu. Deep ditch. - mil. This dug by troops as a shelter from enemy fire. —v. - dig a trench or trenches in (the ground). - turn over the earth of (a field, garden, etc.) By digging a succession of ditches. [french trenche, -ier cut] TRENDY
colloq.; often derog. —adj. (-ier, -iest) fashionable. —n. (pl. -ies) fashionable person. trendily adv. Trendiness n.
—n. Cylindrical saw formerly used by surgeons for removing part of the skull. —v. (-nn-) perforate (the skull) with a trepan. [greek trupanon auger]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 requiring care and adroitness (tricky job).
- crafty, deceitful. trickily adv. Trickiness n. TRICOT
n. Knitted fabric. [french]
—n. - thing of slight value or importance.
- a small amount, esp. Of money. B (prec. By a) somewhat (a trifle annoyed). - dessert of sponge cake with custard, jelly, fruit, cream, etc. —v. (-ling) 1 talk or act frivolously. - (foll. By with) treat or deal with frivolously; flirt heartlessly with. [originally trufle from french = truf(f)e deceit] TRILBY
n. (pl. -ies) soft felt hat with a narrow brim and indented crown. [trilby, name of a character in a novel by g. Du maurier]
crown n. Winning of all three of a group of sporting events, esp. In rugby.
- jump n. Athletic contest comprising a hop, step, and jump. - —adj. - consisting of three usu. Equal parts or things; threefold. - involving three parties. - three times as much or many. —n. - threefold number or amount. - set of three. —v. (-ling) multiply by three. triply adv. [latin triplus from greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.