Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?"
"Yeah," says the other cowboy.
"Look," says the first one, "he’s listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."
Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon."
"Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what color they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"
The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
chance n. Method of competing in a football pool in which the chances of winning depend on the number of draws and home and away wins predicted by the competitors.
- clef n. Clef placing the g above middle c on the second lowest line of the staff. - —adj. - a threefold. B triple. C three times as much or many (treble the amount). - high-pitched. —n. - treble quantity or thing. - hit on the narrow band between the two middle circles of a dartboard, scoring treble. - a mus. = *soprano (esp. A boy's voice or part, or an instrument). B high-pitched voice. - high-frequency output of a radio, record-player, etc. —v. (-ling) make or become three times as much or many; increase threefold; multiply by three. trebly adv. [latin: related to *triple] TREMOR
n. - shaking, quivering.
- thrill (of fear, exultation, etc.). - (in full earth tremor) slight earthquake. [latin tremo tremble] TRENCH
coat n. - soldier's lined or padded waterproof coat.
- loose belted raincoat. - warfare n. War carried on from trenches. - —n. - long narrow usu. Deep ditch. - mil. This dug by troops as a shelter from enemy fire. —v. - dig a trench or trenches in (the ground). - turn over the earth of (a field, garden, etc.) By digging a succession of ditches. [french trenche, -ier cut] TRENDY
colloq.; often derog. —adj. (-ier, -iest) fashionable. —n. (pl. -ies) fashionable person. trendily adv. Trendiness n.
—n. Cylindrical saw formerly used by surgeons for removing part of the skull. —v. (-nn-) perforate (the skull) with a trepan. [greek trupanon auger]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 requiring care and adroitness (tricky job).
- crafty, deceitful. trickily adv. Trickiness n. TRICOT
n. Knitted fabric. [french]
—n. - thing of slight value or importance.
- a small amount, esp. Of money. B (prec. By a) somewhat (a trifle annoyed). - dessert of sponge cake with custard, jelly, fruit, cream, etc. —v. (-ling) 1 talk or act frivolously. - (foll. By with) treat or deal with frivolously; flirt heartlessly with. [originally trufle from french = truf(f)e deceit] TRILBY
n. (pl. -ies) soft felt hat with a narrow brim and indented crown. [trilby, name of a character in a novel by g. Du maurier]
crown n. Winning of all three of a group of sporting events, esp. In rugby.
- jump n. Athletic contest comprising a hop, step, and jump. - —adj. - consisting of three usu. Equal parts or things; threefold. - involving three parties. - three times as much or many. —n. - threefold number or amount. - set of three. —v. (-ling) multiply by three. triply adv. [latin triplus from greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.