n. (also townee) derog. Town inhabitant ignorant of country life.
n. - bullet etc. That is visible in flight because of flames etc. Emitted.
- artificial radioactive isotope which can be followed through the body by the radiation it produces.
n. - person engaged in trade.
- merchant ship.
union congress n. Official representative body of british trade unions.
adj. - disastrous; greatly distressing; very sad.
- of tragedy. tragically adv.
n. - a sleeplike state without response to stimuli. B hypnotic or cataleptic state.
- such a state as entered into by a medium.
- rapture, ecstasy. [latin transeo pass over]
n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Transistor radio. [abbreviation]
n. (pl. Traumata or -s) 1 profound emotional shock.
- physical injury.
- physical shock syndrome following this. traumatize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). [greek, = wound]
agency n. Agency that makes the necessary arrangements for travellers. travel agent n.
- —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 go from one place to another; make a journey, esp. A long one or abroad.
- a journey along or through (a country). B cover (a distance) in travelling.
- colloq. Withstand a long journey (wines that do not travel).
- go from place to place as a salesman.
- move or proceed as specified (light travels faster than sound).
n. (pl. -ies) 1 formal agreement between states.
- agreement between parties, esp. For the purchase of property. [latin: related to *treat]