"I have good news and bad news," the defense lawyer says to his client.
"Whats the bad news?"
The lawyer says, "Your blood matches the DNA found at the murder scene."
"Dammit!" cries the client. "What"s the good news?"
"Well," the lawyer says, "Your cholesterol is down to 140."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
prep. Archaic = *betwixt. [contraction]
pres. Part. Of *tie.
n. - herald's official coat emblazoned with royal arms.
- woman's or girl's sleeveless jerkin. - hist. Knight's short emblazoned garment worn over armour. [french] TABLET
n. - small solid dose of a medicine etc.
- bar of soap etc. - flat slab of esp. Stone, usu. Inscribed. - us writing-pad. [latin diminutive: related to *table] TACKLE
—n. - equipment for a task or sport.
- mechanism, esp. Of ropes, pulley-blocks, hooks, etc., for lifting weights, managing sails, etc. - windlass with its ropes and hooks. - act of tackling in football etc. —v. (-ling) 1 try to deal with (a problem or difficulty). - grapple with (an opponent). - confront (a person) in discussion or argument. - intercept or stop (a player running with the ball). tackler n. [low german] TACTIC
n. - tactical manoeuvre.
- = *tactics. [greek from tasso arrange] TAILOR
—n. Maker of clothes, esp. Men's outer garments to measure. —v. - make (clothes) as a tailor.
- make or adapt for a special purpose. - work as or be a tailor. [anglo-french taillour: related to *tail2] TAKEUP
n. Acceptance of a thing offered.
—adj. Attractive, captivating. —n. (in pl.) Amount of money taken at a show, in a shop, etc.
n. - = *talc 2.
- (in full talcum powder) powdered talc for toilet use, usu. Perfumed. [medieval latin: see *talc]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.