At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
prep. Archaic = *betwixt. [contraction]
pres. Part. Of *tie.
n. - herald's official coat emblazoned with royal arms.
- woman's or girl's sleeveless jerkin. - hist. Knight's short emblazoned garment worn over armour. [french] TABLET
n. - small solid dose of a medicine etc.
- bar of soap etc. - flat slab of esp. Stone, usu. Inscribed. - us writing-pad. [latin diminutive: related to *table] TACKLE
—n. - equipment for a task or sport.
- mechanism, esp. Of ropes, pulley-blocks, hooks, etc., for lifting weights, managing sails, etc. - windlass with its ropes and hooks. - act of tackling in football etc. —v. (-ling) 1 try to deal with (a problem or difficulty). - grapple with (an opponent). - confront (a person) in discussion or argument. - intercept or stop (a player running with the ball). tackler n. [low german] TACTIC
n. - tactical manoeuvre.
- = *tactics. [greek from tasso arrange] TAILOR
—n. Maker of clothes, esp. Men's outer garments to measure. —v. - make (clothes) as a tailor.
- make or adapt for a special purpose. - work as or be a tailor. [anglo-french taillour: related to *tail2] TAKEUP
n. Acceptance of a thing offered.
—adj. Attractive, captivating. —n. (in pl.) Amount of money taken at a show, in a shop, etc.
n. - = *talc 2.
- (in full talcum powder) powdered talc for toilet use, usu. Perfumed. [medieval latin: see *talc]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.