A boy is about to go on his first date, and is nervous about what to talk about. He asks his father for advice.
The father replies, "My son, there are three subjects that always work. These are food, family, and philosophy."
The boy picks up his date and they go to a soda fountain. Ice cream sodas in front of them, they stare at each other for a long time, as the boy"s nervousness builds.
He remembers his father"s advice, and chooses the first topic.
He asks the girl, "Do you like spinach?"
She says "No," and the silence returns.
After a few more uncomfortable minutes, the boy thinks of his father"s suggestion and turns to the second item on the list. He asks, "Do you have a brother?" Again, the girl says "No" and there is silence once again.
The boy then plays his last card. He thinks of his father"s advice and asks the girl the following question: "If you had a brother, would he like spinach?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
card n. - card belonging to, or turned up to determine, a trump suit.
- colloq. Valuable resource, esp. Kept in reserve. - —n. - a playing-card of a suit temporarily ranking above the others. B (in pl.) This suit (hearts are trumps). - colloq. Generous or loyal person. —v. - defeat (a card or its player) with a trump. - colloq. Outdo. come (or turn) up trumps colloq. - turn out better than expected. - be greatly successful or helpful. Trump up fabricate or invent (an accusation etc.) (trumped-up charge). [corruption of *triumph in the same (now obsolete) sense] - n. Archaic trumpet-blast. [french trompe] TRUNK
call n. Long-distance telephone call.
- line n. Main line of a railway, telephone system, etc. - n. - main stem of a tree. - body without the limbs and head. - large box with a hinged lid for luggage, storage, etc. - us boot of a car. - elephant's elongated prehensile nose. - (in pl.) Men's close-fitting shorts worn for swimming etc. [latin truncus cut short] - road n. Important main road. TRUSS
—n. - framework supporting a roof, bridge, etc.
- surgical appliance worn to support a hernia. - bundle of hay or straw. - compact terminal cluster of flowers or fruit. —v. - tie up (a fowl) for cooking. - (often foll. By up) tie (a person) up with the arms to the sides. - support (a roof or bridge etc.) With a truss or trusses. [french] TRUST
—n. - firm belief in the reliability, truth, or strength etc. Of a person or thing.
- confident expectation. - responsibility (position of great trust). - commercial credit (obtained goods on trust). - law a arrangement whereby a person or group manages property on another's behalf. B property so held. C body of trustees. - association of companies for reducing competition etc. —v. - place trust in; believe in; rely on the character or behaviour of. TRUTH
n. (pl. Truths) 1 quality or state of being true.
- what is true. in truth literary truly, really. [old english: related to *true] TRYON
n. Colloq. - act of trying it on or trying on (clothes etc.).
- attempt to deceive. TRYST
n. Archaic meeting, esp. Of lovers. [french]
adj. (-ier, -iest) short and fat. tubbiness n.
n. - thick rounded part of a stem or rhizome, usu. Found underground and covered with modified buds, e.g. In a potato.
- similar root of a dahlia etc. [latin, = hump, swelling] TUDOR
adj. - of the royal family of england 1485–1603 or this period.
- of the architectural style of this period, esp. With half-timbering. [owen tudor, name of the grandfather of henry vii]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.