A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
card n. - card belonging to, or turned up to determine, a trump suit.
- colloq. Valuable resource, esp. Kept in reserve.
- —n. - a playing-card of a suit temporarily ranking above the others. B (in pl.) This suit (hearts are trumps).
- colloq. Generous or loyal person. —v. - defeat (a card or its player) with a trump.
- colloq. Outdo. come (or turn) up trumps colloq. - turn out better than expected.
- be greatly successful or helpful. Trump up fabricate or invent (an accusation etc.) (trumped-up charge). [corruption of *triumph in the same (now obsolete) sense]
- n. Archaic trumpet-blast. [french trompe]
call n. Long-distance telephone call.
- line n. Main line of a railway, telephone system, etc.
- n. - main stem of a tree.
- body without the limbs and head.
- large box with a hinged lid for luggage, storage, etc.
- us boot of a car.
- elephant's elongated prehensile nose.
- (in pl.) Men's close-fitting shorts worn for swimming etc. [latin truncus cut short]
- road n. Important main road.
—n. - framework supporting a roof, bridge, etc.
- surgical appliance worn to support a hernia.
- bundle of hay or straw.
- compact terminal cluster of flowers or fruit. —v. - tie up (a fowl) for cooking.
- (often foll. By up) tie (a person) up with the arms to the sides.
- support (a roof or bridge etc.) With a truss or trusses. [french]
—n. - firm belief in the reliability, truth, or strength etc. Of a person or thing.
- confident expectation.
- responsibility (position of great trust).
- commercial credit (obtained goods on trust).
- law a arrangement whereby a person or group manages property on another's behalf. B property so held. C body of trustees.
- association of companies for reducing competition etc. —v. - place trust in; believe in; rely on the character or behaviour of.
n. (pl. Truths) 1 quality or state of being true.
- what is true. in truth literary truly, really. [old english: related to *true]
n. Colloq. - act of trying it on or trying on (clothes etc.).
- attempt to deceive.
n. Archaic meeting, esp. Of lovers. [french]
adj. (-ier, -iest) short and fat. tubbiness n.
n. - thick rounded part of a stem or rhizome, usu. Found underground and covered with modified buds, e.g. In a potato.
- similar root of a dahlia etc. [latin, = hump, swelling]
adj. - of the royal family of england 1485–1603 or this period.
- of the architectural style of this period, esp. With half-timbering. [owen tudor, name of the grandfather of henry vii]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Jellyfish have no brains, yet they can tell light from dark, and sence movement.