An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n.pl. (often attrib.) Small savoury esp. Spanish dishes. [spanish]
—n. - wick coated with wax etc. For conveying a flame.
- slender candle. —v. (often foll. By off) 1 diminish or reduce in thickness towards one end. - make or become gradually less. [old english] TAPIR
n. Nocturnal central and s. American or malaysian hoofed mammal with a short flexible snout. [tupi]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 slow to act, come, or happen.
- delaying or delayed. tardily adv. Tardiness n. [latin tardus slow] TAROT
n. (often attrib.) 1 (in sing. Or pl.) A pack of mainly picture cards used in fortune-telling. B any game played with a similar pack of 78 cards.
- any card from a tarot pack. [french] TARRY
adj. (-ier, -iest) of, like, or smeared with tar.
- v. (-ies, -ied) archaic linger, stay, wait. [origin unknown] TARTY
adj. Colloq. (-ier, -iest) (esp. Of a woman) vulgar, gaudy; promiscuous. [from *tart2]
bud n. Cell or nerve-ending on the surface of the tongue by which things are tasted.
- —n. - a sensation caused in the mouth by contact with a soluble substance. B faculty of perceiving this (bitter to the taste). - small sample of food or drink. - slight experience (taste of success). - (often foll. By for) liking or predilection (expensive tastes). - aesthetic discernment in art, clothes, conduct, etc. (in poor taste). —v. (-ting) 1 sample the flavour of (food etc.) By taking it into the mouth. - (also absol.) Perceive the flavour of (cannot taste with a cold). - (esp. TASTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 pleasing in flavour; appetizing.
- colloq. Attractive. tastily adv. Tastiness n. TATTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. - tattered; shabby.
- inferior. - tawdry. tattily adv. Tattiness n. [originally scots, = shaggy, apparently related to *tatter]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.