Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n.pl. (often attrib.) Small savoury esp. Spanish dishes. [spanish]
—n. - wick coated with wax etc. For conveying a flame.
- slender candle. —v. (often foll. By off) 1 diminish or reduce in thickness towards one end. - make or become gradually less. [old english] TAPIR
n. Nocturnal central and s. American or malaysian hoofed mammal with a short flexible snout. [tupi]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 slow to act, come, or happen.
- delaying or delayed. tardily adv. Tardiness n. [latin tardus slow] TAROT
n. (often attrib.) 1 (in sing. Or pl.) A pack of mainly picture cards used in fortune-telling. B any game played with a similar pack of 78 cards.
- any card from a tarot pack. [french] TARRY
adj. (-ier, -iest) of, like, or smeared with tar.
- v. (-ies, -ied) archaic linger, stay, wait. [origin unknown] TARTY
adj. Colloq. (-ier, -iest) (esp. Of a woman) vulgar, gaudy; promiscuous. [from *tart2]
bud n. Cell or nerve-ending on the surface of the tongue by which things are tasted.
- —n. - a sensation caused in the mouth by contact with a soluble substance. B faculty of perceiving this (bitter to the taste). - small sample of food or drink. - slight experience (taste of success). - (often foll. By for) liking or predilection (expensive tastes). - aesthetic discernment in art, clothes, conduct, etc. (in poor taste). —v. (-ting) 1 sample the flavour of (food etc.) By taking it into the mouth. - (also absol.) Perceive the flavour of (cannot taste with a cold). - (esp. TASTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 pleasing in flavour; appetizing.
- colloq. Attractive. tastily adv. Tastiness n. TATTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) colloq. - tattered; shabby.
- inferior. - tawdry. tattily adv. Tattiness n. [originally scots, = shaggy, apparently related to *tatter]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.