Charles shouted upstairs to his wife,» Hurry up or we’ll be late.» «Oh, be quiet,» replied his wife. «Haven’t I been telling you for the last hour that I’ll be ready in a minute?»
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Often offens. Welshman. [a supposed pronunciation of davy = david]
—n. - spot or trace of decay, infection, corruption, etc.
- corrupt condition or infection. —v. - affect with a taint; become tainted.
- (foll. By with) affect slightly. [latin: related to *tinge]
n. Person who takes a bet, accepts an offer, etc.
—n. (pl. -ies) 1 reckoning of a debt or score.
- total score or amount.
- mark registering the number of objects delivered or received.
- hist. A piece of notched wood for keeping account. B account kept thus.
- identification ticket or label.
- corresponding thing, counterpart, or duplicate. —v. (-ies, -ied) (often foll. By with) agree or correspond. [latin talea rod]
n. Claw, esp. Of a bird of prey. [latin talus ankle]
n. (pl. Tali) ankle-bone supporting the tibia. [latin, = ankle]
—n. - member of a people of south india and sri lanka.
- language of this people. —adj. Of this people or language. [native name]
—n. (pl. -s) 1 slow s. American ballroom dance.
- music for this. —v. (-goes, -goed) dance the tango. [american spanish]
adj. (-ier, -iest) having a strong usu. Acid tang.
n. (pl. -ies) plant with yellow flowers and aromatic leaves. [greek athanasia immortality]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.