It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Light down containing thistle-seeds and blown about in the wind.
adj. - careless of consequences or of others' feelings.
- due to lack of thought. thoughtlessly adv. Thoughtlessness n. THREEDECKER
n. - warship with three gun-decks.
- thing with three levels or divisions. THREELEGGED
race n. Running-race between pairs, one member of each pair having the left leg tied to the right leg of the other.
n. - flash of lightning with a simultaneous crash of thunder.
- unexpected occurrence or announcement. - supposed bolt or shaft as a destructive agent, esp. As an attribute of a god. THUNDERCLAP
n. - crash of thunder.
- something startling or unexpected. TIGHTFISTED
adj. With or as with the lips compressed to restrain emotion or speech; determinedly reticent.
n. - use of a holiday home at contractually agreed different times by several joint owners.
- operation of a computer system by several users for different operations at the same time. TISSUEPAPER
n. Thin soft paper for wrapping etc.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.