What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: T
Found: 1692 results
adj. - of or resembling a mosaic.
- regularly chequered. [latin tessella diminutive of *tessera]
n. - certificate of character, conduct, or qualifications.
- gift presented to a person (esp. In public) as a mark of esteem etc. [french: related to *testimony]
n. (pl. -dra or -s) four-sided solid; triangular pyramid. tetrahedral adj. [greek hedra base]
n. Sedative drug found in 1961 to cause foetal malformation when taken early in pregnancy. [from phthalimidoglutarimide]
adv. (also thenceforward) archaic or literary from that time onward.
adj. - concerned with knowledge but not with its practical application.
- based on theory rather than experience. theoretically adv.
adj. - of, for, or contributing to, the cure of disease.
- soothing, conducive to well-being. therapeutically adv. [greek therapeuo wait on, cure]
adv. (also thereabout) 1 near that place.
- near that number, quantity, etc.
n. Instrument for measuring temperature, esp. A graduated glass tube containing mercury or alcohol. [french: related to *thermo-, *-meter]
adj. Sensitive to criticism.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The average life expectancy of an ant is 45-60 days.