It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Operator in a telephone exchange or at a switchboard.
n. Device for transmitting, receiving, and printing telegraph messages.
n. Person's or animal's nature and character (nervous temperament). [latin: related to *temper]
n. - measured or perceived degree of heat or cold of a thing, region, etc.
- colloq. Body temperature above the normal (have a temperature). - degree of excitement in a discussion etc. [latin: related to *temper] TEMPESTUOUS
adj. Stormy; turbulent. tempestuously adv.
adj. Derog. Calculated to promote a particular cause or viewpoint; biased; controversial. tendentiously adv. Tendentiousness n.
n. - terminating or being terminated.
- induced abortion. - ending or result. - word's final syllable or letter. TERMINOLOGY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 system of specialized terms.
- science of the use of terms. terminological adj. [german: related to *terminus] TERRESTRIAL
adj. - of or on the earth; earthly.
- of or on dry land. [latin terrestris: related to *terrene] TERRITORIAL
army n. Local volunteer reserve force.
- waters n.pl. Area of sea under the jurisdiction of a state, esp. Within a stated distance of the shore. - —adj. - of territory or a district (territorial possessions; territorial right). - tending to defend one's territory. —n. (territorial) member of the territorial army. territorially adv. [latin: related to *territory]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.