One evening Sherlock Holmes was going along the street and suddenly saw a man down…
- It’s certain, this gentleman is very tired after work… or he is dead drunk… or he is after being with a woman, … — reflected Holmes. As it’s Sunday today, he can’t be coming back from work… At such a late hour all shops are closed, and he couldn’t buy alcohol. So he is coming back from a woman. But in this remote place there are only two women — Watson’s wife and mine. Consequently, as I’m coming back from Watson’s wife, …
- Watson, rascal, get up!!!
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Operator in a telephone exchange or at a switchboard.
n. Device for transmitting, receiving, and printing telegraph messages.
n. Person's or animal's nature and character (nervous temperament). [latin: related to *temper]
n. - measured or perceived degree of heat or cold of a thing, region, etc.
- colloq. Body temperature above the normal (have a temperature). - degree of excitement in a discussion etc. [latin: related to *temper] TEMPESTUOUS
adj. Stormy; turbulent. tempestuously adv.
adj. Derog. Calculated to promote a particular cause or viewpoint; biased; controversial. tendentiously adv. Tendentiousness n.
n. - terminating or being terminated.
- induced abortion. - ending or result. - word's final syllable or letter. TERMINOLOGY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 system of specialized terms.
- science of the use of terms. terminological adj. [german: related to *terminus] TERRESTRIAL
adj. - of or on the earth; earthly.
- of or on dry land. [latin terrestris: related to *terrene] TERRITORIAL
army n. Local volunteer reserve force.
- waters n.pl. Area of sea under the jurisdiction of a state, esp. Within a stated distance of the shore. - —adj. - of territory or a district (territorial possessions; territorial right). - tending to defend one's territory. —n. (territorial) member of the territorial army. territorially adv. [latin: related to *territory]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.