A man asked for a meal in a restaurant. The waiter brought the food and put it on the table. After a moment, the man called the waiter and said:
"Waiter! Waiter! There"s a fly in my soup!"
"Please don"t speak so loudly, sir," said the waiter, "or everyone will want one."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Operator in a telephone exchange or at a switchboard.
n. Device for transmitting, receiving, and printing telegraph messages.
n. Person's or animal's nature and character (nervous temperament). [latin: related to *temper]
n. - measured or perceived degree of heat or cold of a thing, region, etc.
- colloq. Body temperature above the normal (have a temperature). - degree of excitement in a discussion etc. [latin: related to *temper] TEMPESTUOUS
adj. Stormy; turbulent. tempestuously adv.
adj. Derog. Calculated to promote a particular cause or viewpoint; biased; controversial. tendentiously adv. Tendentiousness n.
n. - terminating or being terminated.
- induced abortion. - ending or result. - word's final syllable or letter. TERMINOLOGY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 system of specialized terms.
- science of the use of terms. terminological adj. [german: related to *terminus] TERRESTRIAL
adj. - of or on the earth; earthly.
- of or on dry land. [latin terrestris: related to *terrene] TERRITORIAL
army n. Local volunteer reserve force.
- waters n.pl. Area of sea under the jurisdiction of a state, esp. Within a stated distance of the shore. - —adj. - of territory or a district (territorial possessions; territorial right). - tending to defend one's territory. —n. (territorial) member of the territorial army. territorially adv. [latin: related to *territory]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ants can lift 20 times their own body weight.