An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. N. American indian war-axe. [renape]
n. Sub-machine-gun. [thompson, name of its co-inventor]
n. Slang nonsense. [from *tom]
—adv. - on the day after today.
- at some future time. —n. - the day after today. - the near future. [from *to, *morrow] TONALITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 mus. A relationship between the tones of a musical scale. B observance of a single tonic key as the basis of a composition.
- colour scheme of a picture. TONEDEAF
adj. Unable to perceive differences of musical pitch accurately.
v. Apply fertilizer on the top of (earth) instead of ploughing it in. top-dressing n.
adj. Disproportionately heavy at the top.
adj. Of the highest level of importance, prestige, etc.
adj. Colloq. First-rate.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Bees have 5 eyes. There are 3 small eyes on the top of a bee"s head and 2 larger ones in front.