A policeman spots a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - long slender flexible appendage of an (esp. Invertebrate) animal, used for feeling, grasping, or moving.
- channel for gathering information, exercising influence, etc. tentacled adj. [latin: related to *tempt] TERMINAL
—adj. - a (of a condition or disease) fatal. B (of a patient) dying.
- of or forming a limit or terminus (terminal station). —n. - terminating thing; extremity. - terminus for trains or long-distance buses. - = *air terminal. TERMINUS
n. (pl. -ni or -nuses) 1 station at the end of a railway or bus route.
- point at the end of a pipeline etc. [latin, = end, limit, boundary] TERRAPIN
n. - n. American edible freshwater turtle.
- (terrapin) propr. Type of prefabricated one-storey building. [algonquian] TERRAZZO
n. (pl. -s) smooth flooring-material of stone chips set in concrete. [italian, = terrace]
adj. - colloq. Very great or bad (terrible bore).
- colloq. Very incompetent (terrible at maths). - causing or likely to cause terror; dreadful, formidable. [latin terreo frighten] TERRIBLY
adv. - colloq. Very, extremely (terribly nice).
- in a terrible manner. TERRIFIC
adj. - colloq. A huge; intense (terrific noise). B excellent (did a terrific job).
- causing terror. terrifically adv. [latin: related to *terrible] TERTIARY
—adj. - third in order or rank etc.
- (tertiary) of the first period in the cenozoic era. —n. (tertiary) tertiary period. [latin tertius third] TERYLENE
n. Propr. Synthetic textile fibre of polyester. [from terephthalic acid, *ethylene]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.