Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Afternoon sleep or rest, esp. In hot countries. [spanish from latin sexta (hora) sixth hour]
—n. - a sign (usu. Prearranged) conveying information etc. B message of such signs.
- immediate cause of action etc. (her death was a signal for hope). - a electrical impulse or impulses or radio waves transmitted as a signal. B sequence of these. - device on a railway giving instructions or warnings to train-drivers etc. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 make signals. - a (often foll. By to + infin.) Make signals to; direct. B transmit or express by signal; announce. signaller n. [latin: signum sign] - attrib. Adj. Remarkable, noteworthy. signally adv. [french signale: related to *signal1] SIGNET
n. Small seal. [french or medieval latin: related to *sign]
n. (pl. -nori) title used of or to an italian-speaking man. [latin senior *senior]
n. - green fodder stored in a silo.
- storage in a silo. [alteration of *ensilage after silo] SILENT
adj. Not speaking; not making or accompanied by any sound. silently adv. [latin sileo be silent]
- majority n. The mass of allegedly moderate people who rarely express an opinion. SILICA
gel n. Hydrated silica in a hard granular form used as a drying agent.
- n. Silicon dioxide, occurring as quartz etc. And as a main constituent of sandstone and other rocks. siliceous adj. [latin silex -lic- flint] SILKEN
adj. - made of silk.
- soft or lustrous. SILVAN
var. Of *sylvan.
band n. Band playing silver-plated instruments.
- birch n. Common birch with silver-coloured bark. - jubilee n. 25th anniversary. - lining n. Consolation or hope in misfortune. - medal n. Medal of silver, usu. Awarded as second prize. - paper n. Aluminium foil. - plate n. Vessels, cutlery, etc., plated with silver. silver-plated adj. - sand n. Fine pure sand used in gardening. - screen n. (usu. Prec. By the) cinema films collectively. - tongue n. Eloquence. - wedding n. 25th anniversary of a wedding. - —n. - greyish-white lustrous precious metallic element. - colour of this. - silver or cupro-nickel coins. - household cutlery. - = *silver medal. —adj. Of or coloured like silver. —v. - coat or plate with silver. - provide (a mirror-glass) with a backing of tin amalgam etc. - make silvery. - turn grey or white. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches live about 75 years and can reproduce for 50 years.