A college student was delivering pizza to a regular customer"s house in New York.
The guy who answered the door asked him, "What is the usual tip?"
"Well," replied the youth,"this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I"ll be doing great."
"Is that so?" snorted the man. "Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here"s five dollars."
"Thanks!" replied the youth, "I"ll put this in my school fund."
"What are you studying?" asked the man.
The lad smiled and said: "Applied psychology."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Material or work to be sewn.
n. Prejudice or discrimination, esp. Against women, on the grounds of sex. sexist adj. & n.
n. - mus. A composition for six performers. B the performers.
- any group of six. [alteration of *sestet after latin sex six] SEXTON
n. Person who looks after a church and churchyard, often acting as bell-ringer and gravedigger. [french segerstein from latin sacristanus]
adj. Of sex, the sexes, or relations between them. sexuality n. Sexually adv.
- intercourse n. Method of reproduction involving insertion of the penis into the vagina, usu. Followed by ejaculation. SHABBY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 faded and worn, dingy, dilapidated.
- contemptible (a shabby trick). shabbily adv. Shabbiness n. [related to *scab] SHADOW
—n. - shade; patch of shade.
- dark shape projected by a body intercepting rays of light. - inseparable attendant or companion. - person secretly following another. - slightest trace (not a shadow of doubt). - weak or insubstantial remnant (a shadow of his former self). - (attrib.) Denoting members of an opposition party holding posts parallel to those of the government (shadow cabinet). - shaded part of a picture. - gloom or sadness. —v. - cast a shadow over. - secretly follow and watch. [old english: related to *shade] SHAGGY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 hairy, rough-haired.
- unkempt. shagginess n. SHAKER
n. - person or thing that shakes.
- container for shaking together the ingredients of cocktails etc. SHALOM
n. & int. Jewish salutation at meeting or parting. [hebrew]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.