As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife"s voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there"s a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Heck," said Herman, "It"s not just one car. It"s hundreds of them!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - mus. A composition for seven performers. B the performers.
- any group of seven. [latin septem seven] SEPTIC
adj. Contaminated with bacteria, putrefying. [greek sepo rot]
- tank n. Tank in which sewage is disintegrated through bacterial activity. SEPTUM
n. (pl. Septa) partition such as that between the nostrils or the chambers of a poppy-fruit or of a shell. [latin s(a)eptum from saepio enclose]
n. - what follows (esp. As a result).
- novel, film, etc., that continues the story of an earlier one. [latin sequor follow] SEQUIN
n. Circular spangle, esp. Sewn on to clothing. sequinned adj. (also sequined). [italian zecchino a gold coin]
n. (pl. -im or -s) angelic being of the highest order of the celestial hierarchy. seraphic adj. [hebrew]
adj. (-ner, -nest) 1 clear and calm.
- tranquil, unperturbed. serenely adv. Sereneness n. Serenity n. [latin] SERIAL
killer n. Person who murders continually with no apparent motive.
- number n. Number identifying an item in a series. - —n. (also attrib.) Story etc. Published, broadcast, or shown in instalments. —adj. - of, in, or forming a series. - mus. Using transformations of a fixed series of notes (see *series 4). serially adv. [from *series] SERIES
n. (pl. Same) 1 number of similar or related things, events, etc.; succession, row, or set.
- set of related but individual programmes. - set of related geological strata. - arrangement of the twelve notes of the chromatic scale as a basis for serial music. - set of electrical circuits or components arranged so that the same current passes through each successively. in series in ordered succession. [latin sero join] SERMON
n. - spoken or written discourse on religion or morals etc., esp. Delivered in church.
- admonition, reproof. [latin sermo -onis speech]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.