A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
past and past part. Of *swing.
n. - elemental spirit of the air.
- slender graceful woman or girl. sylphlike adj. [latin] SYNOD
n. Church council of delegated clergy and sometimes laity. [greek, = meeting]
n. Colloq. = *synthesizer.
n. (us sirup) 1 a sweet sauce of sugar dissolved in boiling water. B similar fluid as a drink, medicine, etc.
- condensed sugar-cane juice; molasses, treacle. - excessive sweetness of manner or style. syrupy adj. [arabic sharab] SACHET
n. - small bag or packet containing shampoo etc.
- small scented bag for perfuming drawers etc. [french diminutive: related to *sac] SACRAL
adj. - anat. Of the sacrum.
- of or for sacred rites. [latin sacrum sacred] SACRED
adj. - a (often foll. By to) dedicated to a god. B connected with religion (sacred music).
- safeguarded or required esp. By tradition; inviolable. [latin sacer holy] - cow n. Colloq. Traditionally hallowed idea or institution. SACRUM
n. (pl. Sacra or -s) triangular bone between the two hip-bones. [latin os sacrum sacred bone]
—n. - seat of leather etc. Strapped on a horse etc. For riding.
- bicycle etc. Seat. - joint of meat consisting of the two loins. - ridge rising to a summit at each end. —v. (-ling) 1 put a saddle on (a horse etc.). - (foll. By with) burden (a person) with a task etc. in the saddle 1 mounted. - in office or control. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.