Little Johnny was sitting on a park bench munching on one candy bar after another.
After the sixth one a man on the bench across from him said, "Son, you know eating all that candy isn’t good for you. It will give you acne, rot your teeth, make you fat."
Little Johnny replied, "My grandfather lived to be 107 years old."
The man asked, "Did your grandfather eat 6 candy bars at a time?"
Little Johnny answered, "No, he minded his own business!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
colloq. —v. (-ping) 1 (often foll. By at) hit hard and recklessly.
- steal. —n. Reckless hard hit or attempted hit. [perhaps var. Of *sweep] SWIRL
—v. Move, flow, or carry along with a whirling motion. —n. - swirling motion.
- twist or curl. swirly adj. [perhaps from low german or dutch] SWISH
—v. - swing (a thing) audibly through the air, grass, etc.
- move with or make a swishing sound. —n. Swishing action or sound. —adj. Colloq. Smart, fashionable. [imitative] SWISS
roll n. Cylindrical sponge cake with a jam etc. Filling.
- —adj. Of switzerland or its people. —n. (pl. Same) 1 native or national of switzerland. - person of swiss descent. [french suisse] SWIZZ
n. (also swiz) colloq. - something unfair or disappointing.
- swindle. [origin unknown] SWOON
v. & n. Literary faint. [old english]
—v. - (often foll. By down) descend rapidly like a bird of prey.
- (often foll. By on) make a sudden attack. —n. Swooping movement or action. [old english] SWORD
dance n. Dance with the brandishing of swords or with swords laid on the ground.
- n. - weapon with a long blade and hilt with a handguard. - (prec. By the) a war. B military power. put to the sword kill. [old english] - of damocles n. An immediate danger. [from damokles, who had a sword hung by a hair over him] SWORE
past of *swear.
past part. Of *swear. —attrib. Adj. Bound (as) by an oath (sworn enemies).
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The placement of a donkey"s eyes in its" heads enables it to see all four feet at all times.