Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ies, -ied) disgrace or tarnish (a reputation etc.). [french souiller: related to *soil2]
n. (also sumach) 1 shrub with reddish conical fruits used as a spice.
- dried and ground leaves of this used in tanning and dyeing. [french from arabic] SUNNI
—n. (pl. Same or -s) 1 one of the two main branches of islam, accepting law based not only on the koran, but on muhammad's words and acts.
- adherent of this branch. —adj. (also sunnite) of or relating to sunni. [arabic sunna = way, rule] SUNNY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 bright with or warmed by sunlight.
- cheery, bright. sunnily adv. Sunniness n. SUNUP
n. Esp. Us sunrise.
comb. Form forming nouns, adjectives, and verbs, meaning: 1 above, beyond, or over (superstructure; supernormal).
- to an extreme degree (superabundant). - extra good or large of its kind (supertanker). - of a higher kind (superintendent). [latin] - —adj. (also as int.) Colloq. Excellent; splendid. —n. Colloq. - superintendent. - supernumerary. [shortening of words beginning super-] SUPRA
adv. Above or earlier (in a book etc.). [latin]
- prefix above. SURGE
—n. - sudden rush.
- heavy forward or upward motion. - sudden increase in price, activity, etc. - sudden increase in voltage of an electric current. - swell of the sea. —v. (-ging) 1 move suddenly and powerfully forwards. - (of an electric current etc.) Increase suddenly. - (of the sea etc.) Swell. [latin surgo rise] SURLY
adj. (-ier, -iest) bad-tempered; unfriendly. surliness n. [obsolete sirly haughty: related to *sir]
n. Japanese dish of balls of cold rice topped with raw fish etc. [japanese]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.