A tough old cowboy told his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did this religiously, and lived to the age of 93.
When he died he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren… and a 15-foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Ornamental hairnet, worn usu. At the back of the head. [old english]
n. Slang contemptuous gesture with the thumb to the nose and the fingers spread. cock a snook (often foll. By at) 1 make this gesture.
- register one's contempt. [origin unknown] SNOOP
colloq. —v. - pry into another's affairs.
- (often foll. By about, around) investigate transgressions of rules, the law, etc. —n. Act of snooping. snooper n. Snoopy adj. [dutch] SNORE
—n. Snorting or grunting sound of breathing during sleep. —v. (-ring) make this sound. [imitative]
—n. - explosive sound made esp. By horses by the sudden forcing of breath through the nose.
- similar human sound showing contempt, incredulity, etc. - colloq. Small drink of liquor. - slang inhaled dose of powdered cocaine etc. —v. - make a snort. - (also absol.) Slang inhale (esp. Cocaine). - express or utter with a snort. [imitative] SNOUT
n. - projecting nose and mouth of an animal.
- derog. Person's nose. - pointed front of a thing. [low german or dutch] SNOWY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 of or like snow.
- (of the weather etc.) With much snow. - owl n. Large white arctic owl. SNUFF
—n. Charred part of a candle-wick. —v. Trim the snuff from (a candle). snuff it slang die. Snuff out 1 extinguish (a candle flame).
- put an end to (hopes etc.). [origin unknown] - —n. Powdered tobacco or medicine taken by sniffing. —v. Take snuff. [dutch] SOAPY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 of or like soap.
- containing or smeared with soap. - unctuous, flattering. soapily adv. Soapiness n. SOBER
—adj. (soberer, soberest) 1 not drunk.
- not given to drink. - moderate, tranquil, sedate, serious. - not exaggerated. - (of a colour etc.) Quiet; dull. —v. (often foll. By down, up) make or become sober. soberly adv. [french from latin]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cheetah can run 105 kilometres per hour.(on short distances)