A wife sending a short message to her husband:
It was just said on the news that they found a hideous corpse with a hollow head, a cigar among ugly rotten teeth and a bottle of liquor in his hand. I"m worried about you! Please, give me a ring...
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 brilliant; gaudy.
- striking. showily adv. Showiness n. SHRED
—n. - scrap or fragment.
- least amount (not a shred of evidence). —v. (-dd-) tear or cut into shreds. shredder n. [old english] SHREW
n. - small mouselike long-nosed mammal.
- bad-tempered or scolding woman. shrewish adj. (in sense 2). [old english] SHRUB
n. Any woody plant smaller than a tree and with branches near the ground. shrubby adj. [old english]
—v. (-gg-) (often absol.) Slightly and momentarily raise (the shoulders) to express indifference, doubt, etc. —n. Act of shrugging. shrug off dismiss as unimportant. [origin unknown]
—v. - move (a train) between sidings etc.; (of a train) be shunted.
- move or put aside; redirect. —n. - shunting or being shunted. - electr. Conductor joining two points of a circuit, through which current may be diverted. - surgery alternative path for the circulation of the blood. - slang collision of vehicles, esp. One behind another. [perhaps from *shun] SHUSH
—int. Hush! —v. - quieten (a person or people) by saying “shush”.
- fall silent. [imitative] SIBYL
n. Pagan prophetess. [greek sibulla]
adj. - having sides.
- (in comb.) Having a specified number or type of sides. SIDLE
v. (-ling) (usu. Foll. By along, up) walk timidly or furtively. [shortening of *sidelong]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.