v. (-ting) 1 (esp. As scintillating adj.) Talk cleverly; be brilliant.
- sparkle; twinkle. scintillation n. [latin: related to *scintilla]
n. Person in charge of a group of scouts.
n. Tool with a tip that fits into the head of a screw to turn it.
adj. Colloq. - delicious.
- delightful. [origin unknown]
n. Swimming underwater using a scuba. scuba-dive v. Scuba-diver n.
n. - powerful outdoor electric light with a concentrated beam that can be turned in any direction.
- light or beam from this.
n. Group of people conducting an organized search.
v. Colloq. - anticipate by guesswork.
- criticize with hindsight.
n. - administrative office or department.
- its members or premises. [medieval latin: related to *secretary]
n. - enforced separation of ethnic groups in a community etc.
- segregating or being segregated. segregationist n. & adj.