Teacher asks the student:
"What is your aim in life?"
"To become a psychiatrist", the student replies.
"Very good", the teacher says, "Now would you please spell the word psychiatrist."
After some hesitation the student replies: "Well, I mean I want to be a doctor, sir. D-O-C-T-O-R."
adj. Having success; prosperous. successfully adv.
n. - a process of following in order; succeeding. B series of things or people one after another.
- a right of succeeding to the throne, an office, inheritance, etc. B act or process of so succeeding. C those having such a right. in succession one after another. In succession to as the successor of.
adj. Following one after another; consecutive. successively adv.
n. Tacit consent. on sufferance tolerated but not encouraged. [latin: related to *suffer]
adj. Sufficing, adequate. sufficiently adv.
n. Slang elderly man who lavishes gifts on a young woman.
n. - suggesting or being suggested.
- theory, plan, etc., suggested.
- slight trace, hint.
- psychol. Insinuation of a belief etc. Into the mind. [latin: related to *suggest]
adj. - (usu. Foll. By of) hinting (at).
- (of a remark, joke, etc.) Indecent. suggestively adv.
adj. (brit. Sulphureous) of or like sulphur.
acid n. A weak acid used as a reducing and bleaching acid.
- adj. (us sulfurous) 1 of or like sulphur.
- chem. Containing sulphur with a valency of four.