It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 pay a subsidy to.
- partially pay for by subsidy. SUBSTANCE
n. - particular kind of material having uniform properties.
- reality; solidity. - content or essence as opposed to form etc. (substance of his remarks). - wealth and possessions (woman of substance). in substance generally; essentially. [latin substantia] SUBTENANT
n. Person renting a room etc. From its tenant. subtenancy n. (pl. -ies).
n. (often foll. By to) person or thing that succeeds another.
—adj. - juicy; palatable.
- bot. (of a plant, its leaves, or stems) thick and fleshy. —n. Bot. Succulent plant. succulence n. [latin succus juice] SUDORIFIC
—adj. Causing sweating. —n. Sudorific drug. [latin sudor sweat]
v. (-ting) 1 choke or kill by stopping breathing, esp. By pressure, fumes, etc.
- (often foll. By by, with) produce a choking or breathlessness in. - be or feel suffocated. suffocating adj. Suffocation n. [latin suffoco from fauces throat] SUFFRAGAN
n. - bishop assisting a diocesan bishop.
- bishop in relation to his archbishop or metropolitan. [medieval latin suffraganeus] SULFUROUS
adj. (brit. Sulphurous) 1 of or like sulphur.
- chem. Containing sulphur with a valency of four. SULPHURIC
acid n. Dense oily highly corrosive acid.
- adj. (us sulfuric) chem. Containing sulphur with a valency of six.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.