A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - longitudinal structural member in a framework, esp. Of a ship or aircraft.
- colloq. Freelance newspaper correspondent. STRIPPER
n. - person or thing that strips something.
- device or solvent for removing paint etc. - striptease performer. STRUGGLE
—v. (-ling) 1 violently try to get free of restraint.
- (often foll. By for, or to + infin.) Try hard under difficulties (struggled for power; struggled to win). - (foll. By with, against) contend; fight. - (foll. By along, up, etc.) Progress with difficulty. - (esp. As struggling adj.) Have difficulty in gaining recognition or a living (struggling artist). —n. - act or spell of struggling. - hard or confused contest. [origin uncertain] STRUMPET
n. Archaic or rhet. Prostitute. [origin unknown]
adj. Obstinate, inflexible. stubbornly adj. Stubbornness n. [origin unknown]
n. Book containing the pedigrees of horses.
n. Place where horses are bred.
adj. - assiduous in study.
- painstaking. studiously adv. [latin: related to *study] STUFFING
n. - padding for cushions etc.
- mixture used to stuff food, esp. Before cooking. STULTIFY
v. (-ies, -ied) make ineffective or useless, esp. By routine. stultification n. [latin stultus foolish]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Only female mosquitoes bite.