A lawyer and a doctor were on an extravagant fishing trip.
The lawyer said, "I am here because my house burned down and everything I owned was burned. The insurance company paid a mint for everything I lost."
"Now that’s quite a coincidence," said the doctor, "I’m here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked somewhat confused and said, "Really? How do you start a flood?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Externally operated valve regulating the flow through a pipe etc.
n. Break in a journey, esp. Overnight.
n. - interruption of work owing to a strike etc.
- (in pl.) Sum deducted from pay, for tax, national insurance, etc. - condition of being blocked or stopped. STOREMAN
n. Person in charge of a store of goods.
n. Person who hides on a ship or aircraft etc. To travel free.
v. (-ling) 1 a sit or stand across (a thing) with the legs spread. B be situated on both sides of.
- part (one's legs) widely. [from *stride] STRAGGLE
—v. (-ling) 1 lack compactness or tidiness.
- be dispersed or sporadic. - trail behind in a race etc. —n. Straggling or scattered group. straggler n. Straggly adj. (-ier, -iest). [origin uncertain] STRAIGHT
eye n. Ability to detect deviation from the straight.
- face n. Intentionally expressionless face. straight-faced adj. - fight n. Polit. Contest between two candidates only. - flush n. Flush in numerical sequence. - man n. Comedian's stooge. - —adj. - extending uniformly in the same direction; not bent or curved. - successive, uninterrupted (three straight wins). - ordered; level; tidy (put things straight). - honest, candid. - (of thinking etc.) Logical. - (of theatre, music, etc.) Serious, classical, not popular or comic. - a unmodified. B (of a drink) undiluted. - colloq. A (of a person etc.) Conventional, respectable. B heterosexual. - direct, undeviating. —n. - straight part, esp. The concluding stretch of a racetrack. - straight condition. - sequence of five cards in poker. - colloq. Conventional person; heterosexual. —adv. - in a straight line; direct. - in the right direction. - correctly. go straight (of a criminal) become honest. Straight away immediately. Straight off colloq. Without hesitation. straightish adj. Straightness n. [originally a past part. Of *stretch] STRAINED
adj. - constrained, artificial.
- (of a relationship) mutually distrustful or tense. STRAINER
n. Device for straining liquids etc.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Australian termites have been known to build mounds twenty feet high and at least 100 feet wide.