A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Esp. Us colloq. Period of surveillance.
n. Uncastrated adult male horse. [french estalon]
—adj. - strong, sturdy.
- courageous, resolute, reliable. —n. Stalwart person, esp. A loyal comrade. [old english, = place, *worth] STAMPEDE
—n. - sudden flight or hurried movement of animals or people.
- response of many persons at once to a common impulse. —v. (-ding) (cause to) take part in a stampede. [spanish estampida crash, uproar] STANDARD
assessment task n. Standard test given to schoolchildren.
- lamp n. Lamp on a tall upright with a base. - of living n. Degree of material comfort of a person or group. - time n. Uniform time for places in approximately the same longitude, established in a country or region by law or custom. - —n. - object, quality, or measure serving as a basis, example, or principle to which others conform or should conform or by which others are judged. - a level of excellence etc. Required or specified (not up to standard). B average quality (of a low standard). - ordinary procedure etc. - distinctive flag. - a upright support. B upright pipe. - a tree or shrub that stands without support. B shrub grafted on an upright stem and trained in tree form. - tune or song of established popularity. —adj. - serving or used as a standard. - of a normal or prescribed quality, type, or size. - of recognized and permanent value; authoritative (standard book on jazz). - (of language) conforming to established educated usage. [anglo-french: related to *extend, and in senses 5 and 6 of n. Influenced by *stand] STANDING
committee n. Committee that is permanent during the existence of the appointing body.
- joke n. Object of permanent ridicule. - order n. Instruction to a banker to make regular payments, or to a retailer for a regular supply of goods. - orders n.pl. Rules governing procedure in a parliament, council, etc. - ovation n. Prolonged applause from an audience which has risen to its feet. - —n. - esteem or repute, esp. High; status. - duration (of long standing). —adj. - that stands, upright. - established, permanent (a standing rule; a standing army). - (of a jump, start, etc.) Performed with no run-up. - (of water) stagnant. STANDOFF
half n. Rugby half-back forming a link between the scrum-half and the three-quarters.
n. - multitude of stars looking like dust.
- romance, magic feeling. STARFISH
n. (pl. Same or -es) echinoderm with five or more radiating arms.
predic. Adj. Slang stark naked.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Only female mosquitoes bite.