An admiral is standing by a candy machine at the Naval Academy in Annapolis when he stops a plebe walking by.
- "Sailor, do you have change for a dollar?"
- "Sure, buddy," - says the plebe, rooting around his pocket.
- "That"s no way to address an officer! Now let"s try it again. Do you have change for a dollar?"
The plebe snaps to attention and barks,
- "No, sir!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Person who inhabits unoccupied premises without permission.
n. Rubber-edged implement on a handle, for cleaning windows etc. [squeege, alteration of *squeeze]
n. Short curly line, esp. In handwriting. squiggly adj. [imitative]
—n. - bushy-tailed usu. Tree-living rodent.
- its fur. - hoarder. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) 1 (often foll. By away) hoard. - (often foll. By around) bustle about. [greek skiouros, from skia shade, oura tail] STABLING
n. Accommodation for horses.
esp. Mus. —adv. & adj. With each sound or note sharply distinct. —n. (pl. -s) staccato passage or delivery. [italian]
adj. - (of liquid) motionless, having no current.
- dull, sluggish. stagnancy n. [latin stagnum pool] STAGNATE
v. (-ting) be or become stagnant. stagnation n.
n. Rod securing a carpet between two steps.
n. = *staircase.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.