- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - not concerned with religion; not sacred; worldly (secular education; secular music).
- (of clerics) not monastic. secularism n. Secularize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). Secularization n. [latin saeculum an age] SEEDBED
n. - bed prepared for sowing.
- place of development. SEEMING
adj. Apparent but perhaps doubtful (his seeming interest). seemingly adv.
n. - act of seeping.
- quantity that seeps out. SEGMENT
—n. - each part into which a thing is or can be divided.
- part of a circle or sphere etc. Cut off by an intersecting line or plane. —v. Usu. Divide into segments. segmental adj. Segmentation n. [latin seco cut] SEISMIC
adj. Of earthquakes. [greek seismos earthquake]
n. - seizing or being seized.
- sudden attack, esp. Of epilepsy or apoplexy. SELFISH
adj. Concerned chiefly with one's own interests or pleasure; actuated by or appealing to self-interest. selfishly adv. Selfishness n.
market n. (also sellers' market) trading conditions favourable to the seller.
n. - commercial success, esp. The selling of all tickets for a show.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat uses whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through. The whiskers act as antennae, helping the animal to judge the precise width of any passage.